Thursday, August 14, 2008

THE GOD HUNT




"This is what it can be like to hunt for God. The concept of hunting and finding has great power to evoke longing, emotions, particular understandings, even compulsive activity in all of humankind, no matter the age or intelligence. The aptitude for hunting for and finding God is native to every human heart, but as we mature we often lose or neglect the capacity to do so. We only become intent on finding Him when terror is nearby, when sadness insists on keeping company, or when pain becomes a relentless stalker. Let us instead begin the God Hunt as a game of Hide-and-Seek - in a child-like way, with laughter and delight..."
I highlighted this part of the book I received on my birthday last year, entitled: THE GOD HUNT...guven by two of my good friends. The actual cover actually shows a toddler trying to open a door of some kind of barn trying to peek and look for someone or something inside of it...kind of like of course, the game of Hide-and Seek.
Up at this time, I still haven't finished the book but I've learned a lot from it already. Ever wondered if God cared? If He cared about this life we're all living? Well, YES, Of course He does!!! It's just that as we grow older, we lose that part of our childhood where we're still amazed by the things we see or even at the things happening around us. Sometimes we tend to figure out things on our own and if it didn't turn out the way we wanted to, we trace our steps back and figure out what went wrong... But let me focuse on being amazed. Most of the time we say: "Oh wow! Okay I've seen this stuff, it's good or it's great!...Do you have anything else amazing you can show me? Something that'll surprise me again." You see, people sdon't get too amazed anymore. That's why we strive so hard to invent new things, re-invent ourselves and more. But only one thing remains...If all else fails and if everything else has been taken away...You'll see God's still there doing something for you...He's waiting. Waiting for you to find Him. He said it best on Jeremiah 29:13: "You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."
He never failes to get the sun to shine down on us... (though the UV rays can cause damage to my skin coz of the holes in the Ozone layer caused by Global Warming - bu that's another story). He never failes to give us another day to do the things we love to do. Go out, Work, Staudy and Play... just doing what we need and what we want to do, then comes another day to do it all over again...
One thing I've learned from the God Hunt is to have time to appreciate the things, every littlest of things that can make me, make us happy. Eventually, you'll be reminded of all the good things, the better things, and the BEST things you have and is still having. Then follows the surprise - in fact, a lot of surprises. You'll just be amazed because, come to think of it... Do I deserve to have everything that's going in our lives, every good things happening our way?? I guess I do! It's a BLESSING!!!

No comments: