Thursday, August 7, 2008

who moved my cheese???


This is like my version of that famous book by Spencer Johnson…one of the bestseller… the famous story of “sniff” and “scurry” and the humans ‘Hem’ and ‘Haw’… of their way of dealing with change in their lives…

Okay, so…my own version? What’s my way of dealing with change in my life? I know the book talks about dealing with change in our lives, in every area…and still living gracefully…no matter what. Whenever I see myself not being able to cope up with the changes going on around me, I always end up asking myself… “Who moved my cheese?” It’s like sniff and scurry on the book where they used to go to Cheese Station C to go back for the available cheese, until one day, they find that the cheese is all gone. But they managed to find another Cheese Station in the course of the story because they keep moving the cheese…

Well, back to my own struggle, it’s like someone took out my comfort zone, and everything I’ve ever held on to was gone…what will you do??? But then, somehow, you weren’t aware that you were just being tested… Will you pass the test?

Me? I’ve just found out that I’ve failed the test… on the part where the change was already taking place in my life…

I knew that it was coming… I even planned for it. Still, I’ve failed. Why? Because I only had a good start, but slowly and slowly, as you go through the course of transition or the change, I find myself lost, trying to trace my steps back only to find that I’m just back at the point where the “change” started… no way of going back beyond the starting point. I see myself craving for my old ways where I know everything, where I can do everything…not here where I’m all clueless and had nowhere to go but forward… you see, part of me was afraid to make mistakes… afraid that somehow, If I mess this up, I won’t be able to go on anymore.

What was my failure? I can only take in one change at a time… give me another one, I won’t be able to take in another one. I admit that I am weak. I can’t concentrate if you throw apples and mangoes my way at the same time… (Can you?) I’ll start with the much more convenient one…I’ll start with mangoes I guess, coz’ that’s my favorite! But then if you push the apples on me, I’m afraid I won’t be able to get it, let alone make it… now I find rotten apples all over me (I can imagine people shouting ‘boo’ everywhere). And I’m left picking up the pieces to clean up.

I never chose my cheese to be moved but I got no choice… all I’m left is a second chance. And this time, I hope I can juggle both, wait, not only both, everything thrown my way… I will need all the help I can get!

Just trying to breathe …

No comments: